Day 28 of 100 Happy Days:
Day 2 of GM Diet is all about vegetables. All you can eat. To me this day is better than the fruit day, as I can use some creativity to make my meals. You can eat salad, you can eat raw vegetables or you can boil some vegetables, or cook veg stir fry or soup! This morning as yesterday I started the day with a full glass of warm water with few drops of lemon juice and later ate some salad. For lunch I made clear vegetable soup. For this I just boiled some vegetables in broth with small amount of salt and pepper. I didn’t put any kind of sauce, like ketchup, soy sauce, sriracha or oyster sauce, so the taste was very bland. That’s okay!
For dinner I made butternut squash soup for the very first time, and it was good! Here is the recipe:
Butternut squash: 1, Medium sized
Onion: 1, medium sized, chopped
Apple: 1, skin peeled, chopped
Garlic: half, peeled
Salt and pepper: taste wise
- Cut the butternut squash into small pieces.
- Put small amount of oil in a deep pan and add garlic, chopped onions and apple.
- When the mixture will start to turn golden, add the squash pieces
- Add some water with salt and pepper and cover with lid.
- When the squash pieces will be completely soft, take it out from the stove and wait 5/10 minutes.
- Blend the mixture part by part in a blender with some water
- When the blending will be done, transfer all thick soup to the same pan
- Adjust water and salt
Now, I have made this soup for weight loss purpose, so I have used small amount of oil. This soup can be enhanced many ways. Like, adding butter or coconut milk or milk cream in the last step.
Tips: To cut the butternut squash easily, I baked the squash first to make it soft. I cut the squash in half and then baked it for an hour at 375F. After that it was soft enough to cut in pieces. If you have better squash you can easily remove the squash with a spoon from its skins after baking, so no post-cut is necessary. Depends on the softness of the squash.